Dr. Adul Qayum Sajjadi(Ph.D)
Academic position: Professor, Academic Cadre Member in Law and Political Science Faculty
Mr. Sajjadi, obtained his Ph.D. from Shahid Behishty University in 2005 and اhis Master’s Degree from Baqirul Aulum University in 1997 in Political Science.
- Implementing the articles of association and decisions of leadership board including rules, regulations and policies set by the Board of Trustees, Supervisory and Audit Board, the High Council and also regulations and bylaws approved by the Ministry of Higher Education;
- Supervise the proper implementation of all university affairs with necessary coordination between educational and research officials and students and other related units ;
- Annually report to the Board of Trustees;
- Participate in Board of Trustees meetings;
- Arrangement for codification of new bylaws with necessary verification through Supreme Council and the Board of Trustees;
- Represent the university versus other institutions;
- Introduction of qualified individuals for the post of vice chancellors, the dean and the vice chancellors of other branches in accordance with statute of the Supreme Council and approval of the supervisory and auditing board;
- Approve the recruitment, promotion and dismissal of vice chancellors, heads of branches and faculties, directors, administrators and other university staff in accordance with the provisions of the statute;
- Do necessary arrangement in the university in order to create a secure and sound working, educational and research environment;
- Taking necessary measures to improve the teaching, research, administrative, cultural and educational situation;
- Arrange and present short-term and long-term strategic plans and programs for the development of the university improving the quality of education and research in the university;
- Continuous efforts and effective action to establish scientific relations with peer institutions inside and outside the country;
- Report to the Higher Council, the Board of Trustees, and also report to the Ministry of Higher Education about University’s activities and achievements ;
- Perform other duties assigned by the Articles of Association, legislative documents, the High Council and the Board of Trustees.
- Member of the Constitutional Loya Jirga(National Gathering) in 2003 and member of the Dispute Resolution Committee of this council;
- Academic Cadre Member in Mufid University of Iran;
- Academic Cadre Member and Dean of Khatam al-Nabiin University of Afghanistan;
- Founding member of the Center for Strategic Studies of Afghanistan;
- Member of the Wolesi Jirga(House of Representative) International Affairs Commission for two terms;
- Representative of the people in Parliament in the 15th and 16th terms;
- Member of the Review of Islamic Culture and Textbooks in the Ministry of Higher Education;
- Founder of Noor-i- Ghazna Private High School (This high school was established in the center of Ghazni in 2007 and so far covers more than 3300 students).
Scientific works and activities
- Work experience: 15 years of teaching in domestic and foreign universities in the field of political sociology and international relations.
- 10 years of experience as the Khatam al-Nabiin University Dean in Afghanistan, During this time period, the following research work has been done:
- More than a dozen scientific and researches articles on international and regional affairs, foreign policy, diplomacy, Islamic political thought, political and legal issues;
- Eight titles of books published in the mentioned fields, some of which are used by students and experts in domestic and foreign universities as academic resources. They are: Political Sociology of Afghanistan, Published three times
- Afghanistan and Globalization (University textbook) Selected by Mahmoud Tarzi Scientific Festival organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan in 2014;
- Discourse of Political Islam and Globalization in Post-Taliban Afghanistan (Selected Balkh Book Festival in Iran, 2013)
- Diplomacy and political behavior in Islam (taught in Iranian universities and universities in Afghanistan and used by professors and students)
- Theoretical foundations of political parties in Islam (selected book of the festival of theologians in Iran and has the first scientific rank and the award of the best scientific prize)
- Parliament, Legislation, Oversight and Representation. It has been published twice so far.
- Ways to Deepen Political Ideology in Religious sources
- Afghanistan’s Foreign Policy From Amir Dost Mohammad Khan to the period of modernization (now) This book is ready to print and is prepared as a textbook for the university
- The Jurisprudential Foundations of Partisanship in Islamic Political Thought (this book examines modern and new issues of politics and government, party activity, democracy and elections from the perspective of Islamic thought)
- Due to the mentioned scientific activities, the author succeeded in receiving a high scientific medal from President Karzai.
- In addition to the above, we can mention the scientific and effective presence in international conferences. Participating in international scientific conferences and presenting scientific papers on political, legal, international and regional issues are other parts of scientific and academic activities
- Attending more than five scientific conferences by submitting scientific papers
- Attending dozens of international and National Conferences for scientific lectures, attending reviews and reviews of books and works of experts and authors
- Ten years as president of Khatam al-Nabin Private University was a valuable opportunity to acquaint the author with new experiences and techniques and skills of educational management in the field of higher education.
- Preparing and arrangement of chapters and curricula in accordance with regional and world standards;
- Participated in meetings to organize and modify the contents of Islamic culture courses in the Ministry of Higher Education;
- Participation in various scientific and advisory programs of the Ministry of Higher Education
- Preparation and adjustment of the reconstruction and modernization plan of the Ministry of Higher Education in accordance with the conditions of the time and the national needs of Afghanistan
- Teaching political sociology, diplomacy, international relations, research methods, politics and government, Islam and democracy, foreign policy in both theoretical and comparative fields
- Provide textbooks and resources for political science and international relations; Holding a seminar on the opportunities and challenges of higher education in Afghanistan.