In today’s world, knowledge is one of the main pillars and indicators of the progress and excellence of every society. Measuring the level of knowledge depends on the amount of information produced and consumed and the spread of knowledge to fast and easy access to reliable scientific resources. The type and level of research activity is one of the main indicators of development.
In a sense, success in all activities related to the development of industries, agriculture, services, and so on depends on the expansion of research activities. In fact, research is one of the important pillars that guarantee sustainable development in every country.
Therefore, the success and development of research in any society requires the development of a research-oriented approach in that society. The researcher’s approach uses the findings of previous research to improve the status quo. The first step in laying the groundwork for the production of science and moving towards its development in various dimensions is to transform the culture of research in educational settings into an institutional culture. Curricula and programs at universities and training centers should be designed and implemented on a parallel and simultaneous basis for education and research. The alien education system with research activities and prospects not only directs development-oriented movements but also the crisis itself. It is an instrument for the development of the country.
Unfortunately, the higher education system in Afghanistan, both public and private, is not organized for research but for education. In these centers, everything is based on planned training and revolves around training. Almost all academic staff in Afghan universities are educational, they often satisfy the educational needs of the relevant department and often lack the motivation and opportunity to research. In such circumstances, it is necessary for university authorities to encourage and facilitate research in parallel with education by encouraging and facilitating research and policy-making.
Khatam Al-Nabieen University has taken note of this since its inception and has defined its core mission as “the training of a dedicated and specialized human resources world-class and the production of science and knowledge to contribute to the country’s sustainable development”. The production of science, not the training of dedicated force, is not carried out without serious consideration of research. To this end, the Department has incorporated scientific research into its organizational structure with the aims of achieving such a mission.
- Promotion of research and development activities for producing scientific works in accordance with the research priorities of the university and the needs of the country;
- Contributing to the scientific and cultural development of the country by producing scientific works and collaborating with research and academic institutions and centers inside and outside the country;
- Providing facilities to expedite the implementation of research activities;
- Organizing and targeting theses and postgraduate dissertations tailored to the country’s scientific standards and requirements;
- Establishment of joint scientific activities with other organizations
- Promoting the academic level of university professors and students in related fields through research activities;
duties and authorities
- Developing various research codes of conduct, style sheets and programs based on the research strategy and goals of the university;
- Identifying and assessing university research needs;
- Preparation of required textbooks for university
- Preparation and implementation of research projects to achieve university goals
- Attracting research staff from dedicated and experienced individuals;
- Publishing journals (specialized and student), scientific books, textbooks, educational pamphlets, and producing software tailored to the university’s needs and objectives in accordance with relevant regulations and regulations;
- Holding scientific meetings and conferences in accordance with the relevant rules and regulations;
- Determining the university’s policy and research programs within the framework of the university’s policies and approvals;
- Evaluation of the results of the university’s scientific and research activities;
- Proposal to establish and dissolve research groups and submit them to the Supreme Council for legal proceedings;
- Review and approval of short courses, educational work, conferences and scientific visits;
- Planning for study opportunities for university faculty members
The most important activities
Among the activities carried out by this department in the fields of book publishing, scientific journals, conferences and meetings can be selected as follows:
- Afghanistan and Globalization: Dr. Abdul Qaium Sajjadi
- Theoretical Foundations of Parties in Islam: Dr. Abdul Qayum Sajjadi
- The Discourse of Political Islam and Globalization: Dr. Abdul Qayum Sajjadi
- Parliament and Legislation: Dr. Abdul Qayum Sajjadi
- Afghan Political Sociology: Dr. Abdul Qayum Sajjadi
- Fundamental Rights of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan: Dr. Abdolali Mohammadi
- Administrative Law of Afghanistan: Dr. Abdolali Mohammadi
- Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms: Dr. Mohammad Qasim Eliasi
- Ahl al-Bayt from Abu Hanifa’s point of view: Dr. Shafaq Khawati
- The department is also expected to publish at least three books in the humanities and medical sciences for the coming year, which will be dedicated to the country’s scientific community.
B) scientific journals
- The journals of Khatam al-Nabieen University in the fields of humanities, medical sciences and technical sciences are published in the Quarterly.
C) scientific conferences and seminars
The Department has held numerous scientific conferences and meetings, including:
- Conference on Mental Health in Afghanistan;
- Scientific Conference on Reading the Thought of Sayed Jamaluddin Afghan;
- Conference on Discourse of Moderation in Islamic Thought;
- Election Seminar Seminar in Afghanistan;
- Seminar on Religious Intellectual Flow in Afghanistan;
- Good Governance Seminar in Afghanistan; Challenges and Solutions ؛
- Seminar on Human and Environment;
- Seminar on “Causes of Diabetes Prevention”;
- Seminar on Modernity and Modernity;
- Seminar on Development and Renovation in Afghanistan;
- Review of Shia Law on Personal Status in Afghanistan;
- Appropriate strategy for Afghanistan’s economic development