Quality Promotion Director:
Sayed Mohammad Sharif Shakir
Scientific member of computer science faculty
- Master’s degree in Mathematics from Puneh University, India
- Bachelor degree in Mathematics from Kabul University
- Diploma in Financial Management from India
- Management courses (Remo) from Ministry of Education, Kabul
Scientific work experience:
- Head of computer Science faculty in Khatam Al-Nabieen University (PBUH);
- Administrative and financial Assistant in Khajeh Abdollah Ansari Institute of higher education;
- Head of computer science department in Khajeh Abdullah Ansari private institute of higher education for three years;
- As acting director in Khajeh Abdullah Ansari private institute of higher education in the winter of 2012;
- Acted as formal officer at planning department of ministry of education;
- Acted as professor in several universities including Payame Noor University of Herat, Khajeh Abdullah Ansari private institute of higher education, Khatam Al-Nabieen University, Gharjistan University and Payame Noor University in Kabul.
Appreciation letters and Rewards:
- Received a second degree appreciation letter from the Ministry of Education;
- Received several appreciation letters from Department of Planning and its partner organizations such as CDP and so on;
- Received appreciation letters and also certificates from training course (Remo) arranged by Ministry of Education;
- Received appreciation letter from Faculty of Mathematics of Pooneh University for educational and cultural activities.
Scientific Research Experience:
- Wrote my dissertation about mathematical methods in physics (Bessel function);
- Presented two scientific papers about graph theory and Metroid;
- Presented seminar and scientific paper about Generating Functions Models in Applied Combinatorics
- Preparation and compilation of several mathematics books (general mathematics, mathematical analysis, linear algebra, probabilities) ready for publication;
- Presented an article about “the Role of Composite Arguments in Learning Compositions” for the Quarterly Journal of Technical Sciences of Khatam al-Nabieen University (PBUH);
- Presented an article about “Methods of teaching and learning mathematics in elementary school” for the scientific quarterly journal of technical sciences of Khatam Al-Nabieen University (PBUH);
Participation in community development:
- Founding member of research and administrative Paimayesh company
- Founding member of Vira Private High School
Organizational chart of the committee for quality improvement
1- Improving the quality and scientific credibility
Quality and quality promotion are at center of Khatam Al-Nabieen University programs. In the course of this superior process, the university underwent the national academic accreditation procedure. Based on the principle of continuous quality improvement in the field of education, research and services, the university has taken a collective participatory approach in order to better manage this process and therefore, established a regular administrative and decision-making structure which includes “Quality Improvement Committee which works in university level”, “Quality Assurance and Accreditation Directorate” and ” Quality Assurance Committee which works at Faculty level”. The members of Quality Improvement Committee, at the university level, are composed of the Quality Improvement Officer, the Vice Chancellors and the Deans of the Faculties, which over all led by the University Chancellors. The main responsibility of this committee is to plan, advise, monitor and evaluate the implementation of university programs at various levels. The coordination, planning, monitoring and evaluation of scientific programs are the responsibility of the Quality Assurance Committee and the scientific promotion committee of the faculties.
Khatam al-Nabiin University (PBUH) has successfully passed the first and second stages of this process with applying the criteria of quality assurance and academic accreditation. In 2016, the university entered in the third phase of accreditation and in this phase, the university will continue its efforts to achieve academic credibility at the national level with implementing recommendations of the Department of Quality Promotion and Accreditation of the Ministry of Higher Education.
After passing the third (final) stage of accreditation through the Ministry of Higher Education, Khatam al-Nabieen University will try to gain its academic credibility from reputable regional and international institutions, and this university is determined to enter the university ranking process on the basis of QS and THE criteria.
Measurement: the process of gathering required information for plans and operations
Monitoring: The process of Continuous supervision to ensure right implementation of the program and operations
Evaluation: The process of gathering and judging necessary information for quality improvement
2- The scope of monitoring and evaluation
Monitoring and evaluation of professors: The educational activities and research activities of professors are monitored and evaluated in various ways: such as: self-evaluation of professors, evaluation by the department, evaluation by the faculty and vice chancellor of scientific-teaching affairs and also evaluation by external institutions.
Monitoring and evaluation of learners: Students’ learning status, scientific activity and academic achievement are evaluated in different ways: daily, weekly, mid-term and end of semester through class activities (participation in discussions, asking questions and so forth), homework and the way of responding to questions. They are assessed in the form of diagnostic evaluation (before training), formative evaluation (during training) and cumulative (after training).
Monitoring and evaluation of the vice chancellors and all departments and programs: In addition to the annual evaluation through performance reports, the directorate, vice chancellors’ section and all departments are evaluated by the quality improvement department in each semester while the vice chancellors also continuously monitor their subordinate departments.
The monitoring and evaluation model
Khatam al-Nabieen University considers evaluation as collection and methodical analysis of the necessary information in order to make decisions about changing, completing, continuing or deleting a program. In this regard, it uses the “Patrick” model. There are three reasons which justify the use of Patrick’s model and these justifications consists of comprehensiveness, simplicity and practicality. Based on this model, the effectiveness of the evaluation program has four levels:
- Level 1, the first stage criterion aims to assess student’s reaction and so different orientation questions are designed to evaluate the students’ satisfaction and motivation about university programs and university decisions;
- Level 2, the purpose of second part criterion is to evaluate the student’s learning level and therefore, the questions focus on the knowledge, skills, creativity and responsibility of learners after passing a training course;
- Level 3, the third step aims to measure the learners’ behavior with asking various questions about their job search activities, profession improvement, social and moral behavior and also asked what was the feedback of courses and training on finding a job and improving behaviors at the work place;
- Level 4, the criterion of this stage focuses on the “outcomes”. The central questions are asked as follows: What material, spiritual, and social reputation did the learners have for the University of Khatam Al-Nabieen after completing the course, and what functions and benefits did they have for the society?