Libraries and information centers, as the main centers for collecting and organizing information resources, provide necessary tools for researchers and research development. As no research can succeed without linking to the research background in its particular subject area; accessing to up-to-date informative resources is one of the most important needs for researchers and researching students. All researchers and students need to be aware of previous or ongoing research activities in their selected field. This awareness is available through accessing to informative resources. The findings of other researchers are usually published through scientific journals, books, internet sites and databases. Librarians and information specialists are collecting and managing these informations and present the results to research to researchers.
The Library of Khatam Al Nabieen University as one of the subsections of the Scientific Research Department, having the best scientific and specialized books trying to provide a suitable space for study and research to researchers and students. The library, which was founded in 2007, at the beginning of the university’s activities, operates in two central and medical branches of the university.
The study hall of the university has the capacity of more than 200 students in two central and medical buildings of the university. The library has 6 full-time employees work every day, except official holidays, from 8am to 7.30pm serving the students and other customers.
Thus, the lending section of this library, with over 20,000 title books, is serving the social science and medical science students. The student can borrow books based on student card without any charges. Each student can borrow the books for two weeks and, if necessary, books will be renewed for another week. Khatam Al Nabieen University, as a scientific and academic center, always seeks to expand its quantitative and qualitative services. In each academic year, according to the increasing number of students in each field at the university, new books are purchased and put to use by the students. The library of the university is equipped with search book and bookkeeping software. The use of this software allowing students to easily search books by name, or subject, and then request a book after registering the book number. Students can also use book guides along with the software to choose their books.
Given the spread of modern technology, the development of technological tools for the development of contemporary knowledge is another task of the academic institution. To this end, Khatam Al Nabieen University has a large number of electronic science software that contains the most important and authoritative scientific books required by the scholars of social science and has bought and put in the computer system. Students of this university and research enthusiasts can access these services and e-books (software) for free at all times.
Along with the scientific and specialized books, Khatam Al Nabieen University has provided a large number of domestic and foreign scientific journals for use of scholars and researching students. There are also national newspapers in the university library study hall for those who are interested in the latest political and social developments in the world and in Afghanistan; everyone can study in this place and learn about the important changes of the day.
Director of the Library:
Education: Bachelor of history from Social Sciences Faculty of Kabul University and currently he is a Master’s degree student in International Law at Khatam Al Nabieen University.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description of the library manager
- Manage the internal discipline and provide library services to students;
- Provide library requirements for purchase;
- Standard library books registration and classification;
- Setting the working hours for the coworkers according to the hours required by the users;
- Set up and manage electronic libraries and provide necessary assistance to users;
- Library maintenance, books and scientific resources;
- Supervision over employee functions and activities;
- Register and archives the theses of graduate students;
- Perform and follow up the matters related to clearance of the students;
- Identify and collect scientific or general journals and archive in the library;
- Establish communication and collaboration with credible domestic libraries and foreign universities;
- Launch scientific search system for uses of professors and students;
- Issuing and signing library documents;
- Conduct required training or short-term courses on how to use existing resources;
- Prepare and setting up job descriptions for subordinate staffs;
- Suggest new quantitative and qualitative library development suggestions;
- Report to the Scientific Research Department.