Faculty of Political Science
- Head of Faculty of Political Science
Ramadan Ali Fasahat
Scientific position: Associate professor and faculty member of political science
Education: Master and Bachelor in political science from Imam Khomeini Institute of Education and Research in 2012 and 2008
Activities and experiences
- Head of cultural affairs of the university
- Editor and Managing Director of Cultural publications
- Academic member of faculty of political science
.a) Brief introduction to members of the Scientific Council of Political Science faculty:
- Sayed Abdul Qayyum Sajadi: Ph.D. from Shahid Beheshti University of Tehran in International Relations, 2005 – “the title of thesis was Globalization and Political Islam (with an emphasis on post-Talibanism in Afghanistan)” and Master in political sociology of Bagher Al-ulum University in 1997
- Mohammad Vaheed Binish: Ph.D. from Tehran University of Political Sciences in 2005 – Ph.D. titled “Incompatibility of traditional and new components of Political Thoughts in Contemporary Afghanistan” – Professor in political science at Tehran University in 1997
- Ramezan Ali Fasahat: Master and Bachelor of Political Science from Imam Khomeini Institute of higher Education and Research in 2012 and 2008
- Seyyed Mohammad Javad Mohaddesi: Master of International relation from Tehran University and Bachelor of Islamic and Political Sciences from Al-Mustafa University in 2011 and 2009
- Mohammad Zaki Karimi: Master and Bachelor of Political Science at Bagher Al-ulum University in 2010 and 2007
- Scientific Biography of Academic Member of political science faculty:
- Dr. Sayed Abdul-Qayum Sajjadi
Degree: having Ph.D. in Diplomacy and International Relations
Academic Rank: Scientist and Faculty Member of Political Science
- Member of the Constitutional Loya Jirga of Afghanistan in 2003 and member of the Council for Disputes Settlement
- Member of the Scientific Board of Mofid University of Iran
- Faculty member and head of Khatam al-Nabieen University of Afghanistan
- Founding member of Afghanistan Strategic Studies Center
- Member of the International Affairs’ Commission in two working terms of parliament
- As a Representative of distinguished people of Ghazni province in the Wolesi Jirga in the fifteenth and sixteenth term of parliament.
- As team member for reviewing the Islamic Cultural Curriculum in ministry of higher education.
- The founder of Noor Ghazna private high schools ((these schools were established in Ghazni in 2007 and currently covers more than 3,300 students.)
Works and Scientific activities
Work experience: 15 years of teaching experience in domestic and foreign universities in the field of political sociology and international relations. Ten years work experience in the leadership of higher education as head of the Khatam Al-Nabieen University of Afghanistan. During this period, the following research work has been done.
- More than dozens of scientific papers and research on international and regional affairs, foreign policy, diplomacy, legal and political issue, and also political thoughts of Islam.
- Eight title books have been published in various mentioned fields, some of which are used as textbooks and used by students and scholars both in national and foreign universities.
- The book of Political Sociology of Afghanistan, three times has been published so far
- Book of Afghanistan and Globalization (textbook of the university) selected in the Scientific Festival of Mahmoud Tarzi held by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan in 2011
- Political Islam Discourse and Globalization in Post-Taliban Afghanistan (Selected by Balkh Book Festival in Iran, 2013)
- Diplomacy and political behavior in Islam (taught in universities of Iran and Afghanistan and used by professors and students)
- The Foundations theory of Political parties in Islam (Selected by Book Festival of Religious Studies in Iran and ranked as a first academic place honoring with superior academic award 2005)
- Parliament, Legislation, Supervision and Delegation twice published yet.
- Deepening methods of political vision in religious sources
- Afghanistan’s Foreign Policy from Amir Dost Mohammad Khan to the Modernization (present era). This book ready for publication and prepared as a textbook of the university.
- The jurisprudential foundations political parties in the political thought of Islam (this book deals with the consideration of modern and new issues of politics, government, party, democracy, and elections from the point of view of Islamic thought.)
- With regard to scientific activities, the author’s succeeded in obtaining the honorary medal from President Karzai. In addition, it is worth to mention his effective presence in the international scientific conferences.
- Participating in international scientific conferences and presenting scientific papers on political, legal, international and regional issues, is another academic activity. Attending more than five scientific conferences by presenting scientific papers, attending tense of international and national conferences for delivering scientific lectures, attending in critique of books and reviewing the scientific work of experts and authors.
The ten years of Khatam al Nabieen private university presidency was a valuable opportunity for the author to be familiar with the latest experiences and management skills in the field of higher education. Currently, Khatam Al-Nabieen University has more than 5,000 students in eleven fields of study, in two different level of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
This university ranked as second, after the American University, among the various universities of Afghanistan in the first scientific quality evaluation program carried out by the Ministry of higher Education. In fact, it has got the first place among Afghan universities. Yet, this scientific center has graduated more than 500 students from bachelor degree and about 100 students from master degree in the fields of criminal law, criminology, international law, international relations, political science, economics and management, computer science, engineering, medical technology, and Quranic knowledge.
Higher Education Activities
- Leadership and administration of Khatam al-Nabieen private university for ten years, since the establishment up to date
- Preparing and setting the curriculum and course tittles accordance with regional and international standard
- Participate in the sessions for arranging and reforming the Islamic Course tittles at the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Participation in various scientific and advisory programs of the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Preparation and adjustment of plan for renovation and modernization of the MOH, in accordance with the current situation and the needs of Afghanistan.
- Teaching political sociology courses, diplomacy, international relations, research methodology, politics and government, Islam and democracy, foreign policy in both theoretical and comparative fields.
- Prepare books and resources for political science and international relations.
- Holding a Seminar on “Study of the Opportunities and Challenges of Higher Education in Afghanistan”.
- Mohammad Wahid Binish
Administrative position: President of University
Academic Rank: Senior Lecturer and Faculty Member of the Political Science
Ph.D. from the University of Tehran in political science in 2005 – Ph.D. title ” Incompatibility of Traditional and New Political Thoughts Components in Contemporary Afghanistan ” – Master in political science from Tehran University in 1997
Activities and work experiences:
- Acted as adviser for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Tehran, 2000-1999
- Advisor of the Educational and Scientific Committee to the United Nations High Commission for Refugees in Tehran, 2000-1999
- Selected as representative of Afghan Refugees of Iran in the Constitutional Loya Jirga; 2003
- Head of the Center for Strategic Studies of Afghanistan; 2004 …
- Member of the Islamic Association of Afghanistan’s Academicians in Iran
- Afghan Shias in one last past decade; 2013
- Contemporary Afghanistan and the Challenges of Political System; 2009
- The Taliban fast movement; 2001
- Taliban, views and actions
- Islam and democracy
- Fundamentals of unity in the constitution of Afghanistan
- Political participation
- Constitutional Movement in Afghanistan
- Election, Political Participation and Legitimacy
- Seyed Mohammad Javad Mohaddesi
Academic Rank: Associate professor and Faculty Member of Political Science
Master of International Relations from Tehran University and Bachelor of Islamic and Political Sciences from Al-Mustafa University in 2011 and 2009
• Afghan-Pakistan political conflicts and growth of Taliban.
- Political and economic differences between Afghanistan and Pakistan and the emergence and growth of the Taliban;
- The role of elites in the political and social transformation of Afghanistan (2001-2009);
- Invasion of Soviet Forces into Afghanistan and the emergence Al Qaeda;
- Terrorism Strategy: State Security and Individual Security;
- Reviewing the Globalization of Democracy and its Influence on International Security;
- Examining the functional role of the media in national and public affairs;
- Sectarian extremism in Pakistan with a national-regional approach;
- Structural weakness of state-nation-building in Afghanistan;
- The consequence of NATO presence in Afghanistan, retention of security or expansion of insecurity and terrorism;
- Challenges for NATO in retaining security in Afghanistan;
- Theoretical framework, structuralism and post-structuralism framework;
- Investigate the role of media in creating national convergence and sustainable security;
- New changes in the Middle East; Internal structural challenges and security processes;
- The role of elites in the process of forming parliament and governance in Afghanistan;
- Several descriptive-analytical articles.
Mohammad Zaki Karimi
Administrative position: former head of the Faculty of Science
Academic Rank: Senior Lecturer and Member of the Faculty of Political Science
Master and Bachelor of Political Science from Bagher Al-ulum University in 2010 and 2007
- Instability and political corruption in Afghanistan; Quarterly Pouyesh; 2015
Work experiences and activities:
- Member of the Political Studies Association
- Team leader of a working group for holding the first presidential election in Iran
- Introduction of the Faculty of Political Science
Faculty of Political Science
The Faculty of Political Science of Khatam Al-Nabieen University was established in 2009. Nowadays, about 250 male and female students are studying undergraduate courses in two different shifts day and night.
The main goals of the faculty:
- To familiarize the students with political science subjects in different fields;
- To train individuals with a scientific ability that can analyze the social and political issues of Afghanistan and the world and can be effective in the country’s executive agencies;
- To provide professional human resource to the ministries, institutes and public organizations of the country, especially the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Interior and other related ministries;
- To empower the students to understand the academic analysis of global political issues and international relations.
Some basic topics of political science:
The basics and principles of political science, political and social changes in Afghanistan, modernization and political development, political sociology, diplomacy and international relations, foreign policy, global security, the foundations of the East and the international system, political ideas of the West and Islam, new and old social movements …
The graduate’s skills
- The graduate will have the ability of political analysis on domestic and international political issues;
- Scientific orientation towards political analysis of the society in order to consolidate national unity and be able to provide national interests;
- Understand and analyze the views of political thinkers in Afghan political context and product theories accordance with the necessities of Afghan society.
- Absorption in the government body and ministries of the country;
- practical presence in various fields of domestic and foreign policy and also diplomatic system of the country;
- Entrance to the political arena including: journalism, political parties, thinker and political analyst …