Head of faculty: Dr. Nesa Mohammadi.
Administrative position: Caretaker of midwifery faculty
Educational background: Bachelor of Midwifery from Tehran University of Medical Sciences (2004 – 2010)
- Head of the faculty at the University of Khatam al-Nabieen (pbuh) (from 2015 up to date)
- Teaching lessons: Prenatal (normal pregnancy), patient history and physical examinations, pregnancy and delivery 1 (monitoring high risk pregnancy), pregnancy and delivery 2 (complicated delivery) and pregnancy and childbirth 3 (postpartum care) at the undergraduate level Department of Midwifery at Khatam Al-Nibieen University (from 2013 up to present).
- Effective activities in the preparation and reform of curriculum (Reviewing and Curriculum Committee for the content of midwifery major at the Ministry of Higher Education of Afghanistan).
- Teaching Lessons: risky pregnancy care, midwife monitoring from complicated delivery at Kabul Medical University.
- Care for pregnant women during pregnancy (Soroush Mellat Newspaper, Summer 2009)
- Nutrition of pregnant women during pregnancy (Soroush Mellat Newspaper, Winter 2010)
- Hematology disorders in pregnancy (Khatam al-Nabieen Journal, 2015)
Consultation and guidance:
- Education counseling and guidance
- Advice and guidance on the choice of credit
- Family counseling and guidance
- Advice and guidance on occupational activity
Introduction of the Faculty
Introduction: Usually, women in different ages are dependent to another skilled woman so as to accompany them during childbirth. In fact, this can be skilled midwives who can be considered as a professional helper to care and advise them in different stages.
Definition of midwife: A person who have completed the postgraduate or undergraduate degree education level in accordance with educational regulations and has obtained a formal license.
Purpose: The birth of a baby is the greatest miracle of creation, the most magnificent and most critical moment of life and the oldest human experience. Midwifery is one of the oldest jobs because from very long age ago there were some women with some knowledge and experience of herbal remedies, helped their women to make birth easier and safer. Midwifery is the science which is based on observation, training, prevention, research, diagnosis and treatment. Midwives have broad roles including counseling, educational, care, support, therapeutic and research roles. Midwife counsel before, during and after marriage, such as family planning, care during pregnancy, normal delivery, maternal and child health care, and adolescent education in the field of maternity and postnatal health. The duties of the midwife begin from pre-pregnancy and continue until after the birth and four years after the child’s birth.
During Bachelor’s degree at Khatam Al-Nibieen University: In order to improve the health status of women, especially pregnant women and care for our mothers in our beloved country, Khatam al-Nibieen University, also established a Bachelor’s degree faculty in 2012. Currently, there are 670 students studying at this stage. The students in this field have a lot of love, passion and patience. A midwife should be a very smart and trained one, because there many small issues that shows itself during pregnancy and delivery but the lack of attention to them causes irreparable problems for the mother or the child. The Kabul University of Khatam Al-Nibieen (PBUH) has begun since 2012, and has provided 56 students to the health community of the country. The midwifery faculty, with the help of experienced teachers and credible references and the important concept of education, has attracted the attention of many young people who are wishing to serve the health community of the country. The faculty will seriously pursue training programs.
- Send students to the neighboring countries (Iran, India) during the period of internship.
- Send students to the hospitals during the course of internship
- Implementing curriculum accordance with creditable references
Midwifery Skill: The Khatam Al-Nabieen Midwifery faculty trains midwives in order to provide the following services which is also considered as important midwifery skills:
- Getting history and doing physical examinations with Leopold maneuvers (hearing a fetal heartbeat and determining the gestational age)
- Counseling and training how to confront the problems and illnesses of pregnancy, including physical and emotional disorders of the mother and embryonic genetic disorders.
- Prescription of authorized medicines
- deciding and accepting orders and forming a case according to the relevant form in the hospitals
- Applying Para-clinical Methods (Ultrasound, Radiology, NST, Laboratory Examination)
- Completion of maternal and infant cases. The issuance of a birth certificate and the transfer of mother to the control unit
- Consultation and training on the use of different methods of contraception with couples
- Teaching and counseling about teenage maturity and its issues
- Pre and post-marriage counseling and preparation for pregnancy
- Training on vaccination of mother, infant and child under the age of six
- Coaching about any child development problems
- Counseling and education on sexually transmitted diseases, AIDS, hepatitis, cancer and infertility of couples
- Use of the IUD and removing it
- Plan, monitor and train other health team personnel if needed
- Perform research and participate in national research projects
Midwives’ job opportunities (after graduation, they can work in the following areas):
- As director at various hospitals wards
- Work in clinics
- Work in hospitals
- Work in the Ministry of Public Health as an expert
- Work as Family Planning Advisor
- Provide midwifery services at homes
- Teaching and counseling about teenage maturity and its issues at schools
- Education and counseling on maintaining the health and problems of menopause disorders
Production, supply and dissemination of knowledge in the field of maternal health, child health at global level.