Mission of the Faculty of Medical Technology:
Training of the committed and expert human forces, provision of laboratory services tailored to national needs and global standards and the development of medical science studies in the country.
Prospect of the Faculty of Medical Technology:
The Faculty of Medical Technology intends to be the pioneer in field of medical technology through training of dedicated and specialist human forces and providing advanced laboratory services and scientific researches in accordance with needs and priorities of the community.
- Head of the Faculty
Administrative position: Head of the Faculty of Medical Technology
Academic Rank: Associate Professor and Academic Member of the Faculty of Medicine
Anatomical Master from Tehran University of Medical Sciences
2. Academic Board:
The honors of the Faculty of Medical Technology of Khatam Al-Nibieen University are the presence of qualified professors with a minimum of master degrees and PH.D in parasitology, anatomy, chemical and medical physiology, blood bank and so on…. while each subject is taught by their related specialist professors.
Faculty members include:
- Dr. Seyyed Yousef Mousavi: Ph.D of Medical Physiology from Tarbiat Modarres University, Iran
- Golaleh Nurzahi: Anatomical Master of Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran
- Seyyed Hossein Mousavi: student of Ph.D from Parasitology University of Tarbiat Modarres, Iran
- Meysam Sajjadi: Master of clinical biochemistry from Tarbiat Modarres University, Iran
- Momena Mohammadi: Master of Hematology and blood bank of Tarbiat Modarres University, Iran
- Khan Mohammad Tavassoli: Master of organic chemistry from Imam Khomeini International University, Iran
Introduction to Medical Laboratory Sciences
Medical Laboratory science is a branch of medical science that works in conjunction with analyzing the blood, fluid, and human body for diagnosis of illness treatment and maintaining the health of the individual.
Historically, this major was taught under the name of medical science at different universities of the world; in 19776, it was renamed with Medical Laboratory Sciences (MLS) and since then it is known by this name. The course of study in this field is 4 years and thereafter the bachelor of medical technology or laboratory science degree is awarded to the graduate student. Khatam Al-Nabieen University is the first university that launched this major in the bachelor’s degree level. Currently, the number of people with a Bachelor of Technology in Medicine is very few in Kabul and also in Afghanistan. Those who graduate from this field will professionally learn medical laboratory science and must be able to perform all routine diagnostic tests of laboratories with the least error.
- Introduction of the Faculty of Medical Technology
This faculty was launched at Khatam Al-Nibieen University in 2011. Every year, the faculty of Medical Laboratory Sciences is trying to increase the quality of education both in theoretical and practical aspects. Therefore, there have been many advances both in the field of recruiting specialist faculty members and as well as in the preparation of the required equipment, as named below:
Faculty of Medical Technology of Khatam Al-Nabieen University has the most equipped laboratories in Afghanistan. The active laboratories of this college are as below:
- Laboratory chemistry
- Laboratory of Biology
- Laboratory of Biochemistry and Hormonology
- Hematology and Immunology Laboratory
- Laboratory of bacteriology
- Laboratory of parasitology
- Laboratory of Holography
- Laboratory of Pathology