Mission, goals and values
As one of the important disciplines within organizational framework of Khatam Al-Nabieen University (PBUH), the engineering faculty of Khatam Al-Nabieen University (PBUH) started its activities in 2011 .The Engineering faculty is determined to provide the best facilities for the training of committed and specialized human forces in accordance with international standards and basic needs of the country playing a significant role in the scientific development of the country. This faculty, with its capable and experienced scientific staff, laboratory equipment and appropriate research facilities, has a special position in country level. And we are proud for graduating 164 capable, committed and creative students within three round courses in specialized fields of civil engineering and electricity engineering.
Introduction of departments
Civil Engineering Department
The civil engineering department established under organizational framework of the engineering faculty in 2011 in order to carry out the assigned mission and achieve the relevant goals, and discussed about a variety of topics such as design, execution, maintenance, monitoring, and retrofitting of various buildings and structures. The students are not only to discuss about infrastructure and superstructure etc, but also about their technical, economic, social, and environmental aspects. The curriculum of this educational discipline includes 16 general units, 26 basic units, 27 optional units and 76 specialized units. After graduation, the students of this field will be able to perform their duties with full ability in the following job positions:
- Direct and indirect activities in construction projects;
- Work as civil engineer in the Ministry and Sectoral Departments of the country;
- Management of construction projects (project management);
- Work as planner and designer of building construction (design engineering);
- Work as supervisor of engineering project ( monitoring engineer);
- Work as evaluator of buildings and structures (evaluation engineer);
The Electrical Engineering Department started its activities in 2011within the framework of Engineering Faculty as one of the important disciplines in the age of technology and deals with educational theories and its applicability related to electricity, electromagnetism, and electronics.The curriculum of this educational discipline includes 16 general unit, 26 basic units, 27 optional units and 76 specialized units. The Department of Electricity engineering, with great efforts, has been able to provide a suitable bed for the training of committed and specialized personnel in various fields (electronics, telecommunications, control and power) in undergraduate level. The mission of this department is to train in the above mentioned orientations with such knowledge, skills, and creativity that they are not only able to perform the relevant tasks, but also be able to analyze their specialized projects from economic, social, technical and environmental perspectives.
- Electronic orientation includes the study of elevator control boards, chemical process control boards, industrial device control boards, and the design of electronic circuits.
- Telecommunication orientation including the study of cognition, how it operates, maintain, analysis and design of telecommunication systems, speaker mechanism, telephone communication between cities and across the country, fiber optics, mobile communication, radio communication, wireless communication, computing Suitable area for installation of amplifiers, transmission lines, microwaves, antennas, transmitters and receivers, and how to process and retrieve received waves and signals, Internet data transmission, satellite communications and construction of radars, principles of radar and tracking, telecommunications It is between military units.
- Power orientation focus on study of various power issues such as current and voltage control of a system in all matters related to power transmission lines, insulation, voltage pressure, cable distance, base material, base height, transistors, and familiarity with current distribution methods for factory, building or city.
- Control orientation studies important topics about control devices such as temperature control of industrial dashboards, electric motor speed control, rocket control, aircraft and spacecraft.
The Faculty of Engineering has mission to train committed and expert workforce in the field of engineering through providing high educational services based on new methods, updated curriculum and new research findings in accordance with fundamental needs of the country.
The Faculty of Engineering of Khatam Al-Nabieen University is determined to be pioneer in the scientific and construction development of the country through training committed and expert workforce in the field of engineering based on new methods, updated curriculum and new research findings in accordance with fundamental environmental needs.
- Commitment to religious and cultural values and principles;
- Respect to human dignity with ensuring honor and satisfaction of professors, students, staff and clients;
- Rule of law and justice with emphasis on professional ethics;
- Commitment, responsibility and accountability;
- Meritocracy and professionalism
- Development of strategic thinking;
- Environmental protection;
- Institutionalizing the spirit of creativity and innovation.
The Goal of Engineering Faculty
The Goal of Engineering faculty can be divided into three sections: educational, research and technique.
- Promoting the position of faculty at the national and regional levels through providing high quality educational services;
- Development of disciplines in specialized fields, tailored to the needs of society;
- Attracting and training of committed and specialized students;
- Attracting and training of capable, committed and specialized faculty members;
- Encouraging morality and spirit of creativities and innovation;
- Providing educational programs tailored and coordinated with the basic needs of the country;
- Facilitating student exchange with domestic and foreign universities;
- Increase managerial capabilities based on performance indicators.
- promoting research capacities in professors and students;
- Systematize the research activities of Research Committee of the Faculty;
- Prioritizing research topics on the fundamental issues of the country;
- Development of research collaborations with other national and international universities.
- Improving the relationship between the faculty and industry (elementary and advanced industries);
- Development of cooperation with the country’s standardization departments such as sectoral departments and AISA;
- Promoting quantitative and qualitative equipment and facilities in accordance with the needs of educational, research and administrative programs of the faculty.