Scholarship for Young Women to study Medical at Khatam Al-Nabien University
The Linda Norgrove Foundation is a grant-giving trust that funds education, health and childcare for women and children affected by the war in Afghanistan. The Trust was set up in memory of, Scottish aid worker, Linda Norgrove who was devoted to ensuring that the people of Afghanistan would achieve prosperity and stability as their country was rebuilt. She was completely committed to her development work and she loved Afghanistan and its people. Linda was kidnapped and subsequently died during a failed rescue attempt in Afghanistan in October 2010. Linda’s parents and four other trustees currently run the Foundation. For more information please refer to our website www.lindanorgrovefoundation.org
Scholarships provided for ten eligible and hard-working female Medical students who are in need of external financial support. LNF pays university tuition fees until graduation of the student.
Requirements and Eligibility:
- The applicant should have their High school diploma or university transcript while applying for the scholarship.
- The scholarship is applicable only for those applicants who are applying to Khatam Al-Nabien University University to study Medical field.
- The applicants’ school average grade should be above 85%. Also, the current medical students of the university should have above 85% grade average in their previous semesters.
- Applicants should download and submit the LNF Application form for the Scholarship along with 2 essays, both having a length not exceeding 1 page, in either Dari or English:
- First essay should be detail of you being passionate about the chosen field and reasons of your inspiration to choose this field. Please avoid providing general information regarding the health sector in the country. Explain why you personally are interested in health sector and what is your future plan.
- Second essay should include an explanation of your financial situation and demonstration of why you need the scholarship to study one of the mentioned majors. (Number of the family member; explain each family member’s situation, how much is your family income, and why you are qualified for this scholarship). Please provide a detail information about your family financial situation.
- Those students who are already enrolled in the university should explain in their essay about their source of funding up until now and why they need the scholarship from now onward.
How to Apply:
Applicants are required to submit the LNF Scholarship application, which includes all the details of the applicant and the essays mentioned above. All applicants are required to submit their High School Diploma or Transcript along with their national ID (Tazkira). Students who are already enrolled need to submit a copy of their transcript approved by the university. Applicants should merge all the required documents into one PDF file and send it to
- Only the shortlisted students would be contacted by passing the entrance exam of the university
- The application is free; please avoid paying to anyone for the application
- The incomplete application would be ignored
- Applicants with lower required grade would not be shortlisted.
You can download the application form for the scholarship by clicking Application form
The deadline for application is 10th April 2022
For further information, please contact us on (0779628005) from 8:00AM to 4:00PM.